Tips and tricks for Halloween treats !
As a dentist my work is to help parents feed their kids for strong and healthy teeth. When halloween comes around, I see a lot of distressed moms and dads.
To help minimize damage and protect your kids smiles, here are some tips and tricks for Halloween day.
- Limit the amount of time that sugar is in contact with your child’s teeth.
- Teach your child to eat candy in moderation.
- Use fluoride to fight cavities.
- Give your children to drink more water
- Schedule a teeth cleaning visit for your kids.
Not all candy is equally scary when it comes to cavities, so Chewy treats and hard candy are particularly damaging because they spend a lot of time stuck to teeth.
I suggest share with your kids sweets like chocolate that quickly dissolve in the mouth and can be eaten easily, lessen the time of the sugar stays in contact with teeth.